Government contractors need to ensure that their billable employees can efficiently enter their time and expenses online. This capability has become an essential requirement for government contractors managing multiple contracts in multiple locations.
Employee Resources at Their Fingertips
Two important differentiators of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV T&E module are; (1) it is in same the database and application framework as the rest of the solution and (2) it is accessible through a web browser, tablet or phone app. These apps support Microsoft, Android and Apple devices.
It is flexible enough to consider any variables that may occur so that time can be reported at the task level or any acceptable level of the work breakdown structure (WBS). It also includes management tools to ensure that employees enter what they are required to do and can be managed appropriately. The process flows effectively to allow you to quickly and adequately invoice your government client. Plus, with the proper business processing, you can achieve real-time reporting daily.
The Web-based Time and Expense feature ensures that proper and reliable direct or indirect labor costs are billed to the customer via a system of accurate, timely, and complete postings. Timekeeping is critical for government contractors for the following reasons:
- Most service contracts are labor-intensive, with the majority of contract costs comprised of labor charges
- Government auditors need to ensure that the entries are true and correct
- Timekeeping fraud will lead to criminal investigations
- DCAA records significant timekeeping deficiencies during an audit, and any indications of discrepancies will result in expanded audits
- Government contract managers need to ensure that contractors are correctly charging and billing labor costs
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV for Government Contractors is based on the typical workflow employees experience when working on government contracts.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV for Government Contractors is based on the typical workflow government contractor employees experience when working on contracts.
- The Web-based Time and Expense entry component was built to consider all applicable DCAA requirements for automated timekeeping systems.
- Provides for the accurate and current recording of labor hours by authorized employees
Controls to ensure corrections to labor charges are accurate and authorized
- Includes a verifiable audit trail process that collects all initial entries and subsequent changes
- Web-based time and expense approval to quickly see resource time and projects; easily approve/reject and enter comments for timesheets, expense reports, PTO, and requisitions all from one application
- Quickly import and validate resource hours that directly drive billing and watch as transactions automatically flow to the G/L for financial analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the solution show unposted time in reports?
Yes, reporting on unposted time is a standard component of the solution.
How well does the solution reflect the workflow of the typical government contractor employee?
The ability for your employees to easily enter their time and expenses over the Internet has quickly become a major requirement for government contractors managing multiple contracts in multiple locations. The GovCon365 solution is based on the typical workflow team members experience when working on contracts, plus it’s flexible enough to consider any variables that may occur so that time can be reported at the task level or however appropriate. The system flows effectively to allow you to properly and quickly invoice your Government client.
Are the Web-based Time and Expense components integrated with the overall solution?
Yes, it comes standard with the solution and is completely integrated. It ties in nicely with the Role Center and, of course, helps with budget tracking and expense reporting.
Will our DCAA auditor be able to get what they need from Dynamics NAV for Government Contractors?
The Web-based Time and Expense entry solution was built to consider all applicable DCAA requirements for automated timekeeping systems. It provides for the accurate and current recording of labor hours by authorized employees and has appropriate controls to ensure corrections to labor charges are valid and authorized. The system includes a verifiable audit trail process that collects all initial entries and subsequent changes.
Microsoft Partner Advisory Councils
GovCon365 is an Elite Member of Microsoft Partner Advisory Councils (PAC) and Technology Adoption Program (TAP): GovCon365 is one of 12 NAV partners (out of 4,000+) that participates in Microsoft’s PAC and TAP Programs. When a new release of NAV is in beta testing, one or more of GovCon365's government contractor customers will participate, opening the door for customers to provide feedback to Microsoft and affect the final solution.